Video Playback _ No Menus

Status
Not open for further replies.

chocobogo_rct

Is there a program out there that will let you play back movies e.g. mpeg, avi etc.. in just a plain window, with no status bar, or buttons or file bar, i'm just wondering as it would look a lot better when playing movie files

Cheers

Certainly if you full screen them... in anything (say The Playa or Windows Media Player) you don't get any of that.... Is that what you meant? Or do you want a windowed player with no controls ?

I realize in full screen all the menus go, like when playing a DVD, but what I was wondering was whether there was a bit of software like the Playa or WindowMedia Player, that had an option to run a video of say 352x240 in its original resolution with no menus.

Cheers

For Linux (ports for FreeBSD &c also available): mplayer, vlc, Xine. They all launch the video file in separate window that has no menus. Actually, now that I think of it, there's a Win32 port of vlc (VideoLAN client) too. I'm not sure how it behaves though. For BeOS, there's vlc, MPEG Player.. possibly MediaPlayer in minimized mode works like that too, I'll check..

Use PowerDVD. You can just close the menu(s) and flip the window size up and down to your liking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back