video senders

Status
Not open for further replies.

cokecan72

Hi, i need some info on video senders, dunno if this would be the right section tho??

i have sky digitial downstairs, and id like to get it upstairs on my computer via my TV card. would this be possible with a video sender???

if it is would i be able to view what channel i wanted on my computer, while who ever's downstairs can view what they want? or will i only be able to view the channel that is on downstairs?

thanks alot :)

This looks like a good a place as any...

Yes, you can use a video sender (as long as you don't have lead floors or anything else that hinders the radiowaves coming through)...

But if you both can watch different channels depends on your decoder. Does it decode all the channels or only the one you select?
(A bit longer to explain if you don't know the above)
Do you have a seperate remote for the decoder you have to use to switch channels? If so, you (most likely) won't be able to watch anything else than what the people downstair watches.
If, on the other hand, you don't need a special remote for the decoder, and the channels end up on different frequencies, then you will be able to watch a different program upstairs.

I hope this covers what you are after :)

Also, one last thing. When I was looking into the same thing a while ago (or rather wireless stereoes) I was told by several sales reps that it puts out a lot of powerful radiowaves, so you might want to look into that.

hey thanks for the reply

well im still looking for a video sender that will do the job if theres one,
so im looking for one that sends all teh channels on different frequencies and that hasnt got a special remote for the decoder??

Sorry for not replying sooner, but I've been away for a bit.

What you want is a sender that sends all channels from one place another. Most of the ones I've seen looks like a small satelite dish.

The question about the remote for the decoder was more about what type of decoder you have... If you have a special remote for the decoder which you have to use to watch your pay channels, you won't be able to watch any other pay channel than the one being shown in the main room.

But you can watch any free channels that isn't encoded.

I'd try to find a couple of different choices which'd do the job, but I've got meetings this week, and are going on vacation after they're done, so I just don't have the time right now...

hey, thanks for the reply. well from what you just said, i think i might be able to get all the freeview channels. we use a pay service and get crap loads of channels, but we also get the freeview channels

i'll have alook for somethin that could do the job

Yes, that's what I think. Now good luck with the hunt :)

I think radioshack will have some you can choose from.
(Or at least I think they did the last time I was looking for the same thing, but that's several years ago)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back