Video won't play

learninmypc

As weird as this sounds, I was recording a video of the Blue Angels practicing using my smart phone & recording it by holding my smartphone "still" focused on my tower monitor. Once it was over, I clicked the video button to stop recording but it kept recording. I pushed it a few more times but it kept recording so I pushed the button to go to the desktop & it went to the desktop. After that I tried a few times to play it but it won't.
I saved it to My Documents & tried playing it there but it still won't.
I have recorded other videos same way & they've played fine. Any ideas? I even tried to change the properties from .MOV to VLC but still nothing :( I don't know if I can upload it here, but will try if need be. :)

This is absolutely insane. Why can I see the video on the flashdrive & in the foldrer(s) its in, but when I try to upload it here, its invisible? Yes, invisible.

What mediaplayer are you using?
if it can't be played by VLC and mediaplayer classic (k-lite codec pack), then the video source is likely to be corrupted.

for testing, try to use your camera device again and record similar time span. play it on your computer and see what happens.

I think that the improper 'shutoff' of the recording made the recorded file unusable. (I could be wrong though)

If it can't play with VLC I don't know what to tell you since VLC will continue to attempt to play whatever it can no matter any warnings/errors/corruption, unlike MPC.

Not sure what you mean by invisible...

What mediaplayer are you using?
if it can't be played by VLC and mediaplayer classic (k-lite codec pack), then the video source is likely to be corrupted.

for testing, try to use your camera device again and record similar time span. play it on your computer and see what happens.

I think that the improper 'shutoff' of the recording made the recorded file unusable. (I could be wrong though)
It wouldn't play on my iphone4, not on WMP (.MOV), nor VLC.
I've since made other videos & they play fine. Yes, I believe the way way it stopped corrupted it.

If it can't play with VLC I don't know what to tell you since VLC will continue to attempt to play whatever it can no matter any warnings/errors/corruption, unlike MPC.

Not sure what you mean by invisible...
Invisible means it is simply not showing. :)

Oh I see the reason the video is invisible is because it's not an acceptable file type to be uploaded.
If you'll notice, you can zip it up and upload it.

Easiest thing is probably upload it to Drop Box/Google Drive or something similar and post the link to the file.

Here's another alternative. How big is the file? You can try spanning the the video into multiple zip files, so that each is below the file size limit and post multiple messages. Forum readers will have to d/l all the files in order to extract the video.

Easiest thing is probably upload it to Drop Box/Google Drive or something similar and post the link to the file.

Here's another alternative. How big is the file? You can try spanning the the video into multiple zip files, so that each is below the file size limit and post multiple messages. Forum readers will have to d/l all the files in order to extract the video.
Is there a cost to using drop box?

You have to sign up for free with your email, and you'll be asked to download and install the desktop client which is not necessary.

Back