videocard prob

Status
Not open for further replies.
every time that i try to load a game on my computer it starts to load but then my screen goes white and i can hear the sound of the game running over my speakers but i can see anything...just a white screen

Probably not. It's obviously a video card/monitor issue because your system is not shutting down and you are still getting sound. The game is running but there is no visual display. Here is something you could try:

First, you may want to open up your case and reseat your video card and make sure that your display cable is attatched well to the video card.

Go and get driver cleaner: Driver Cleaner PE Install itbut don't run it.

Goto Nvidia and get the latest drivers for your video card (78.01) Download them but dont run it.

Goto ADD/Remove programs under the control panel and remove your Nvidia display drivers.

Boot into safe mode and run driver cleaner. Run cab cleaner first and then run driver cleaner for the 'nvidia' option... Cab cleaner is under the 'Tools' option in the driver cleaner window.

Once that is done, boot back into normal windows and run the new nvidia drivers. Post back if that doesn't help you.

Hmm, are your motherboard chipset and bios drivers updated?....
Download Everest and it will tell you what kind of mobo you are running. Post that back here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back