Virus/Spyware/Malware Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRonMexico

Hi. My problems consist of windows informing me to shut down with status codes like 1073741819 and 203 and it says that the services.exe is the problem.

I have followed all the steps from the Read This First, and have done it multiple times. I have ran AVG Spyware and Free Edition, Vundo fix, spybot. I renamed the Hijackthis.exe to analyze.exe as instructed and this is the Log file is attached.

FYI. I have never formatted or reinstalled windows and It may be in dire need of it.

Hi,

Your system is quite horribly infected with malware.
I also noticed you have not posted other needed logs, such as AVG Antispyware and ComboFix. You have also not provided the results of the AVG antirootkit scan. Please provide all these in your next post.

You may wish to copy and paste these instructions on notepad for easier reference later.

Download LSPFix from http://cexx.org/lspfix.htm
1. Disconnect from the Internet, go to the LSPfix file and extract/unzip LSP-Fix into its own folder [C:\lspfix].
2. Open the lspfix folder and double-click on LSPFix.exe to start the program.
3. Check the "I know what I am doing" checkbox.
4. Select (highlight) all instances of 'xfire_lsp_10650.dll' in the left column under "Keep".
5. Click the arrow >> so it goes over to the right column under "Remove".
6. Click "Finish" and LSPfix will remove references to the file and restore the chain numbers.
7. Restart your computer

Boot into safe mode under your normal user name. See how HERE

Next turn on "Show all files and folders, including hidden and system". See how HERE

Go to start > run and type services.msc. Press the enter key.
Search for the following services. Double click to select stop if they are running. Set the startup type to disabled. Click apply/ok for each service you disable.

WinTools
SManager
WindowsUpdate
SpywareBot
svchost.exe

Go to start > Control Panel > Add and Remove Programs.
Remove anything related to the following:

WinTools
SpywareBot (Note: not SpyBot Search and Destroy)

Open your task manager by pressing holding ctrl, alt and pressing del. Alternatively, use ctrl + shift + esc. Go to the processes tab, and end the following processes, if found:

WToolsA.exe
smanager.7.exe
SpywareBot.exe
svchost.exe
DLHelperEXE.exe

After that, run HijackThis and fix the following entries, if found (do this by placing a tick in the check boxes beside these entries and clicking "Fix checked"):

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {52CF54F8-BD18-B0EC-1AC4-E4BC1D7EB3BF} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {62E264FA-905E-86DA-37F4-A291594F9EFD} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {6ADA6009-941F-52B3-DB56-12557BA17B6C} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {7D399A6C-CC29-4A1C-916B-71200679543D} - C:\windows\system32\mljgd.dll (file missing)
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {CAF61BDD-E5A4-4651-B51B-A38317E42585} - C:\windows\system32\ojjwllpm.dll (file missing)
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {F6C62A2B-D98B-C808-B139-EEE52EBD04F1} - (no file)
O3 - Toolbar: &Google - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - (no file)
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [WinTools] C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\WinTools\WToolsA.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SManager] smanager.7.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [WindowsUpdate] rundll32.exe "C:\windows\system32\pbrrndsk.dll",realset
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SpywareBot] C:\Program Files\SpywareBot\SpywareBot.exe -boot
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [SpywareBot] C:\Program Files\SpywareBot\SpywareBot.exe -boot
O4 - HKLM\..\Policies\Explorer\Run: [svchost.exe] C:\Program Files\Common Files\svchost.exe
O4 - Startup: DLHelperEXE.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Digital Line Detect.lnk = ?
O10 - Unknown file in Winsock LSP: xfire_lsp_10650.dll
O9 - Extra button: PartyPoker.com - {B7FE5D70-9AA2-40F1-9C6B-12A255F085E1} - C:\windows\system32\shdocvw.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: PartyPoker.com - {B7FE5D70-9AA2-40F1-9C6B-12A255F085E1} - C:\windows\system32\shdocvw.dll
O16 - DPF: {CAFEEFAC-0014-0001-0002-ABCDEFFEDCBA} (Java Runtime Environment 1.4.1_02) -
O16 - DPF: {E3E02F12-2ADB-478C-8742-5F0819F9F0F4} (Quantum Streaming IE VersionManager Class) - http://qmedia.xlontech.net/100170/sdk/latest/qsp2ie06041001.cab
O16 - DPF: {DBA230D1-8467-4e69-987E-5FAE815A3B45} -
O16 - DPF: {F919FBD3-A96B-4679-AF26-F551439BB5FD} - http://winfixer.com/pages/scanner/WFXScan.cab
O20 - AppInit_DLLs: C:\PROGRA~1\Google\GOOGLE~1\GOEC62~1.DLL
O20 - Winlogon Notify: winwly32 - winwly32.dll (file missing)

Close HJT.

Navigate in Windows Explorer and delete the following files and folders in bold.

C:\windows\system32\ojjwllpm.dll
C:\windows\system32\mljgd.dll
C:\windows\system32\shdocvw.dll
C:\windows\system32\pbrrndsk.dll
C:\Program Files\SpywareBot
C:\Program Files\Common Files\svchost.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\WinTools\
C:\PROGRA~1\Google\GOOGLE~1\GOEC62~1.DLL

Reboot into normal mode and rehide your protected OS files.

Thereafter, please post fresh HJT, ComboFix and AVG Antispyware logs from normal mode as attachments into this thread.

Regards,
Your friendly Momok =)

This thread is for the use of TheRonMexico only. Please don't post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

OK...I completed all except I had problems when running the Combofix...My comp prompted another shutdown in the middle of teh check and I decided it was enough.

Attached is the fresh new HJT and AVG logs.

Scratch the AVG log...I suppose it is to big to upload >6kb

Hi,

Have HijackThis fix the following:

O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Helper - {AA58ED58-01DD-4d91-8333-CF10577473F7} - (no file)
O16 - DPF: {F919FBD3-A96B-4679-AF26-F551439BB5FD} - http://winfixer.com/pages/scanner/WFXScan.cab

I really need to see your ComboFix and AVG Antispyware logs. The upload limit is 100Kb, so please post the logs without worrying about the size.

The logs are really important as I suspect alot of nasties are still residing on your system but undetected by HijackThis.

Regards,
Your friendly Momok =)

This thread is for the use of TheRonMexico only. Please don't post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

OK...I think I didn't take the right log file from the AVG Anti-Spyware. BTW it took a little over 2.5 hrs to complete the scan...andI saved the report from that scan and it turned out to be about 7.2 MB in a .txt file. When I attempt to run Combofix a message pops up that is all too familiar and says that cmd.exe is not a valid win 32 application. Any Ideas on that?

Where do I get the right log file from AVG Anti-spyware?

Hi,

The logfile for AVG Antispyware can be found in C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\Reports.

With regards to your combofix problem, I suspect it could be part of the malware problem. I'd like you to search your system for the following files and delete them.

cmd.com
netstat.com
ping.com
regedit.com
taskkill.com
tasklist.com
tracert.com

If you are unable to see the extensions, please go to folder options and uncheck 'Hide extensions for known files and folder types'. When you've deleted those files, try running ComboFix again.

Let me know how it goes.

Regards,
Your friendly Momok =)

I have had that problem before with the .com files. There are none in my system32 folder or in the entire C:\ directory.

I am still unable to load the Report file from AVG antispyware report file.

It is 7.2 MB.

From what I have done it seems to have fixed the problem.

Hi,

Such a huge log file is something unusual. Could you briefly tell me what's its contents since you can't upload the entire file? Or perhaps upload parts of it.

Regards,
Your friendly Momok =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back