[Virus] Unnamed, blocked Taskmanager

Status
Not open for further replies.

vinnyirl

The virus has so far blocked my task manager, Ctrl+Alt+Del doesn't work niether does typing "Taskmgr" from run as "Run" has disappeared, I also found taskmanager in the system 32 folder but i couldn't open it as it has been disabled by the admin. I also cannot turn off my PC as the button is also gone, I tired to make a file on the desktop linking to the shutdown command but it said that the administrator had blocked that function (I am the admin).
The virus was also causing my internet to go down every so often, I ran AVG 7.5, AdWare and AntiVir all of which found various viruses but none cleaned it all up (BTW AntiVir found the most and Adware found virtually nothing)

Hijackthis has been attached, if any further information is needed just ask

Your system is infected with malware.

Very Important: Before deciding whether you should clean or reformat your system, go and read this thread HERE and decide what it is you want to do.

If after reading the above, you wish to clean your system, do the following.

Go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT, AVG Antispyware and Combofix logs as Attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

Also, let me know the results of the Panda Antirootkit scan.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of vinnyirl only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

I have decided to go with a full reinstall :) didn't take too long.

Do you know of any free firewalls that are compattible with x64 systems? the three on your list of steps are all for x32 systems as far as I could tell.

I had the identical problem on my parents computer, (That goes on the internet often, and has no Anti-virus, Anti-Spy/Malware, or Firewall).

Luckly for me I had Spybot S & D on a flash drive in which I installed and thirty minutes later solved the problem, hope it helps for the next person who has the problem.

You`ve already got the Nvidia firewall running.

I don`t know of any free firewall programmes that are 64 bit compatible. That doesn`t mean there isn`t any, it just means I don`t know of any. ;)

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of vinnyirl only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

vinnyirl said:
I have decided to go with a full reinstall :) didn't take too long.

Do you know of any free firewalls that are compattible with x64 systems? the three on your list of steps are all for x32 systems as far as I could tell.

So far.. These programs are compatible with x64.

Kaspersky
BitDefender
NOD32
McAfee
AVG ( Some problem, won't hurts to try)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back