TechSpot

Viruses and logs

By percebe
Nov 7, 2007
  1. Hi,
    I have my PC badly infected. I followed the instructions in your thread "Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions" and here are the three logs.
    Thanks in advance for your help.

2. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 24,177   +19

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

If you followed the instructions, then why haven`t you told us the results of the Antirootkit scan? ;)

Go to add remove programmes in your control panel and uninstall anything to do with(if there).

WinAble

Close control panel.

Open notepad and copy/paste the text in the code box below into it:
    NOTE* make sure to only highlight and copy what is inside the quote box nothing out side of it.
    Also ..

Pay particular attention to this :-

Make sure the word File:: is on the first line of the text file you save (no blank line above it, & no space in front of it)
    Code:

Save this as CFScript.txt

Then drag the CFScript.txt into ComboFix.exe as you see in the screenshot below.

[​IMG]

This will start ComboFix again. After reboot, (in case it asks to reboot), post the contents of Combofix.txt in your next reply together with a fresh HJT log.

Also, let us know the results of the Panda Antirootkit scan.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of percebe only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

3. percebe

percebe TS Rookie Topic Starter

Result

Hi Howard,
    thanks a lot for your quick reply. Antirootkit gave no negative results (nothing found). I attach the result of combofix and HJT.
    I found nothing related to winable in the 'add remove programmes'.

BR
    Percebe

4. howard_hopkinso

Run Combofix again and use this script.

Post a fresh HJT log.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of percebe only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

5. percebe

Result 2

Hi there,
    combofix and HJT result.

Thanks,
    Percebe

6. howard_hopkinso

All clean.

Delete the following folder.

C:\qoobox

Turn off system restore.(XP/ME only) See how HERE.

Now, turn system restore back on. This will have deleted all your old restore points and any nasties that are in them. It will also have created a new, clean restore point.

If you have any further virus/spyware problems, please post in this thread.

Regards Howard :)

7. percebe

Hi,
    I've followed your instructions, I passed again all the antivirus/spyware, etc that I have and... my PC is clean!!
    Thanks a lot for your help.

BR
    Percebe

This thread is now closed: If you need this thread unlocking, please pm a moderator with a link to the thread.

Only the original thread starter can do this. Anyone else, will be ignored.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.