TechSpot

VisionTek GF3 fan problem

By FadeWiles
Jul 13, 2002
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VisionTek GF3 TI200 Fan HELP!

Hey guys,

I had been racking my brains trying to figure out why RTCW keeps locking up my XP box forcing me to to do a warm restart of my system. Having tried just about everything to come to the source of my problem, I finally popped open the case and noticed my video card fan is no longer spinning. I unplugged the fan and plugged it back in to no avail. Still no fan rotation.

Could heat be the issue for my lockups? I don't get any system freezing in normal windows operations. Only when I play RTCW. I thought I recalled locking up with JK2 though I don't recall.

If the fan is an issue, is it replaceable? It would appear a bit hard to remove. It has plastic pegs through the PCB/heatsink.

Anyone else go through this?

Thank you kindly in advance,

Fade
  2. StormBringer

StormBringer TS Rookie Posts: 2,871

Ditto, check the thread Uncleel posted. The fans mentioned in that post are very good replacements and should work great.

I'd try the warranty first though.
  3. uncleel

uncleel TS Rookie Posts: 1,145

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.