Vista Crash

By guillermojm
May 6, 2007
  1. hello i recently installed vista it installed and updated with no problems but now i am getting these weird crashes its like the screen fills with lil squires and i have to hit the reset button to get it going again.. the vista is the 32 bit ultimate

my specs are
    AMD athlon 64 4000+
    2gig ram
    250gb hd
    Nvidia GeForce 6100

any ideas?
  2. krispyxxx

krispyxxx TS Rookie

You know what, I get that same thing that happens on my computer. I have vista ultimate 32 bit too and everyonce in awhile the screen goes weird and I can't do anything. I have to reset my computer everytime. It seems like it usually does it when I try installing something or if there is a lot of work going on with the computer. Who knows what it is?
  3. Route44

Route44 TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 11,966   +70

It could be the load on your video card. Either overheating causing artifacting or driver conflicts. I would first try updating your video card drivers.
  4. guillermojm

guillermojm TS Rookie Topic Starter

well actually i did install the latest drivers for the video card i am going to try to install the latest drivers on everything else and see if anyone has any other ideas please let me know ty
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.