Vista Dualboot using USB External as second O/S

Status
Not open for further replies.
My problem should be simple to resolve,maybe. I've a new HP a6040n desktop with Vista Home Premium O/S. SATA 320 HDD.(system still in box). I'm using a 320 GB Seagate IDE HDD (with XP Pro installed)for my classes. It is set in a 5 1/2 carriage so that I can take it home to do my studies. I also have an external USB 2.0 case which I can mount my HDD into.This HDD has to stay mobile . I have all cables and adapters to install either way. What is the "dualboot ini." command for Vista, and which is the best way to set this up. Both O/S are legal!

FYI: I decided to try another way. I guess there wasn't anybody that could offer any suggestions. I went with a "IDE to SATA Dongle" for my IDE HDD. Then I installed an dual boot manager to configure my HDD'S. You can find the tool at "www.vistabootpro.com" its a free downloadable tool which is user friendly and takes out all of the problems of having to manually edit Registry Files in "system32", a
s I'm sure that some of you people already know Vista registry is not the easiest thing to navigate in.
Hope this might help others out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back