Vista - Possibly Linked to Media Centre

By ingled
Jan 15, 2008
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Good morning all, I turn to these boards for some help.

Vista keeps crashing and I believe the problem is Media Centre, although I may wrong. Over the last 2 weeks I have been updating my music in Media Centre and more often than not this causes my computer to crash. This morning I was burning a disc to play in the car and MC was the only programme running. After about 5 mins the the computer shut it self down while in the middle of the burn.

I really don't know what is causing this to happen. I spent most of last night updating my drivers etc and making sure I had all the latest Microsoft Vista updates install, ran a system check and everything is running ok. One thing I did notice was a couple of Vista Media Centre updates I downloaded flashed up something along the lines of " this update is not for this version".

Can someone please help?

Many thanks

Dale
  2. majorblenks

majorblenks Newcomer, in training Posts: 46

how much trouble would it be to completely uninstall the windows media centre and reinstall? - doesnt it come on a disc somewhere?!

did these updates install themselves or did you pick them out?
  3. ingled

ingled Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

Hi majorblenks, thanks for the reply. The updates I picked out while on the MS website downloading other bits.

As for doing a reinstall this is something I have never done before or to be honest would know where to start.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.