Vista - Possibly Linked to Media Centre

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning all, I turn to these boards for some help.

Vista keeps crashing and I believe the problem is Media Centre, although I may wrong. Over the last 2 weeks I have been updating my music in Media Centre and more often than not this causes my computer to crash. This morning I was burning a disc to play in the car and MC was the only programme running. After about 5 mins the the computer shut it self down while in the middle of the burn.

I really don't know what is causing this to happen. I spent most of last night updating my drivers etc and making sure I had all the latest Microsoft Vista updates install, ran a system check and everything is running ok. One thing I did notice was a couple of Vista Media Centre updates I downloaded flashed up something along the lines of " this update is not for this version".

Can someone please help?

Many thanks

Dale

how much trouble would it be to completely uninstall the windows media centre and reinstall? - doesnt it come on a disc somewhere?!

did these updates install themselves or did you pick them out?

Hi majorblenks, thanks for the reply. The updates I picked out while on the MS website downloading other bits.

As for doing a reinstall this is something I have never done before or to be honest would know where to start.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back