Vista printing problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a compaq laptop with windows vista home premium.
I have a home lan with a d-link "n" type wireless router.
I connect the laptop to the lan with the wireless.
I have a konica-minolta 2300 DL printer on the lan.
I have set up the printer as a local port (tcp/ip) and then printed the test page, which prints fine on the setup. Afterward nothing will print to the printer from this laptop. I cannot even print a test page again. I can delete the printer and the port and reboot clean and then install the printer again and it prints the test page during the install and then no printing from anyplace afterward. I think this is going to make me psychotic, please help. =(;-)

Look at the Konica Minolta 2300 manual... also available at their online site...
This is a common problem, easily fixed, but has to do with how your network is setup, and how the printer is setup on that network.
Also, look at the Windows information on setting up a network and putting a printer on a network.
Once you do what is required, it will work almost forever without a problem.
But there is just too much to do with your network setup in Windows that has to be fixed.
This is one of those cases where once you know how to do it, it is perfectly quick and easy. But your frustrations are common among users who do their first setup.
I hope you have the good luck we have always had with that long lasting printer. Just keep it clean.

Thanks for your reply. Having read the manual that came with the printer and the one I downloaded I finally figured the manual was older than Vista and probably did not mention a cure for my problem. Of course I could have over looked it. I actually found the answer on another forum as many other people with vista were/are having the same problem as you stated. You need to download a new driver which is much easer to get from zdnet downloads than from konica minolta. The driver is :KONICA MINOLTA mc2300DL(unidrv)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back