Vista Ultimate - Sound Works Half the TIme

Status
Not open for further replies.

eijmaster

I dual boot with xp pro sp2 and vista ultimate. When ever on vista my sound will go in and out. As in Ill play a song one minute, and the next nothing will play and I will get no sound at all from anything (i.e. Games, Videos). I also have k-lite codec pack. Again I won't make any changes, the sound just stops working. Also the video playback gets extremely slow. Thanx.

Have you verified the driver versions you have running with Vista vs. what's available at the MSI support site. Click here for the downloads for your Mobo. (I provided a link but YOU need to verify that link is correct for your system)

Also verify the BIOS version installed. Don't be quick to update BIOS tho. Read this first

Im sorry but My pc specs were old, I just updated them. I went to intels site to get the sound driver for my mobo but the OS option only goes up to WinXP 64bit. Theres no option for vista.

I went to intels site to get the sound driver for my mobo but the OS option only goes up to WinXP 64bit. Theres no option for vista.

Well, there's your answer. No vista drivers. (If not vista driver for sound there probably no vista drivers for the mobo chipset). No way to expect your devices (or computer) to run smoothly under Vista. That computer doesn't support it.

Yes, that Intel motherboard was nice in it's day. No Vista drivers available, no Vista... Simple rule

lol so my option is to get a sound card right? everything else works fine, the sound is the only hiccup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back