TechSpot

Vizio's M-Series edge-to-edge HDTVs are now shipping

By Shawn Knight
May 29, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. If you’ve been eyeballing a sleek new HDTV with one of those ultra tiny bezels but the price tag has kept you at bay thus far, listen up. Vizio is now shipping their new M-Series Razor LED televisions with, you...

Read more

2. amstech

amstech TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 881   +231

Great candidates for eyefinity/3DS setups.

3. StopMakingSense

StopMakingSense TS Rookie

Yes, if you have a ginormous desk. The smallest model is 32"!

4. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 3,174   +761

They do look nice but soon All HDTV's will look like this.

5. spydercanopus

spydercanopus TS Guru Posts: 802   +87

32" edgeless LED for $399? That's an amazing deal.

6. JC713

JC713 TS Evangelist Posts: 7,021   +913

I never liked Vizios. The prices are great but the quality is just not there though.

7. Kelly Kufeldt

Kelly Kufeldt TS Member

Compared to all the other tv's I see on display, I think the Vizio's have a much nicer picture than any of the others!

8. I agree. I own the Vizio XVT3D554SV and I can tell you I was going to buy a Samsung set until I was able to see the two sets side by side in an upscale electronics showroom. The picture quality of the Vizio was unsurpassed by the Samsung and Sony models which sold for $500-$800 more.

Vizio has come a long way in the last couple of years. Quality and reliability is much better

9. JC713

They may look nice, but I find the overall quality and functionality of Sony and Samsungs TVs, especially Samsungs Smart TVs, superior.

10. St1ckM4n

St1ckM4n TS Evangelist Posts: 3,473   +622

50 inch and above is with 3D, no other options. 60 inch is $1,599. That's still a good $600 over-priced.

The tech is so damn old, I don't know why we're all paying these inflated prices. I picked up a 42inch LCD for $400 last year, 3D included.

Jesse likes this.
  11. davislane1

davislane1 TS Evangelist Posts: 1,432   +555

We've got a Samsung and a Vizio HDTV (both 46" I believe). As far as general picture and reliability are concerned, the Vizio is much better. Unless you are very meticulous about fine tuning the display settings -- in which case the Samsung is superior -- I have to disagree with JC713. If we're going to the best bang for the buck, Vizio all the way.

12. JC713

Yeah, no doubt Vizio is the best bang for the buck, but I just dont like the colors on Vizio TVs. I am one of those display geeks who is pretty picky about quality. For the average user, it is really up to what the best price is.

13. ikesmasher

ikesmasher TS Evangelist Posts: 1,946   +381

I like vizios because they are an american company. But if I was korean, I suppose I would prefer Samsung.

And honestly, in terms of picture, I have a hard time distinguishing any major differences between the two.
    But if I had a decent graphics card, I would pick 3 of these things up....

14. JC713

I am American also, but I just like samsung tvs better.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.