TechSpot

Voltage of the AIW X800XT 256 AGP 8x

By CatastrophE
Nov 11, 2005
  1. Hey all.
    This might sound a bit of a weired question, but i'm wondering if anyone can tell me the voltage of the X800XT 256 AGP 8x, All in Wonder version.
    As far as I know it's 0.8 (in AGP 8x) but I wanna be sure.
    Reason is because the Mobo i'm thinking of getting has everything I need but warns that it cant accept a card above 1.5v and will get damaged if the card is 3.3v so i'm a little confused and wanna make sure.

thank's again everyone.

M.

2. kirock

kirock TS Rookie Posts: 1,598

If it's AGPX8, then it's 0.8V. 1.5V AGP is X4, 3.0V is X2. Not to be confused with AGP ver.3.0 which IS 0.8V (AGPX8). Why they name stuff like this is beyond me! AGP ver.2.0 =X4, and you guessed it AGP ver1.0=X2.

Cheers,

3. CatastrophE

CatastrophE TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 40

Ahhh so the lower the x the higher the required voltage, I should be fine then, thank you :)

M.

4. Sharkfood

Sharkfood TS Guru Posts: 1,198

Hi Catastrophe-
    It doesn't matter with the X800-series as they do not draw voltage from the AGP slot. This makes them work in any 2x, 4x, 8x or 8x "pro" AGP configuration without issue.

Alternatively, these boards (as well as their 9800/9700 series brethren) use a small, harddisk, molex power connector to draw their power.

5. kirock

kirock TS Rookie Posts: 1,598

The 0.8V, 1.5V and 3.0V rating of the AGP is the signal level on the bus. A lower voltage to represent a "1" means the bus can run faster. The external power connector (if any) is used for fan and GPU power.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.