Want to add buttons to msie!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rik

Hi all, does anyone have an idea on how i can add custom buttons to my Internet explorer in the area outlined in red??

browserh.jpg

I believe a simple google search will give you your answer.

I used to know how to do this, but I haven't really used IE in ages. :)

Been meaning to reply to this for a while but have been busy! Thanx Jesse_hz, i got a program called CustomizeIE and its pretty good!:)

I have made a couple of costom buttons so far, but will be making more when i have the time to.
newbuttons.jpg

Guess i shoulda cut that image down a bit really, but you should be able to see the TS and HJT buttons i made at the top.

I also made some:
ts.png
link

ts2.png
link (less space)

ts3.png
link (stretched)

Just right-click and save. enjoy

EDIT: The last one is stretched for 24x24 and lower icons to look better. I know it looks bad in full size.
EDIT2: All the icons come in 72, 64, 48, 32, 24 and 16 (width*height)

Thanx for those Jesse_hz.:)

Just wondered what your preferred image editing software is? Mine is psp8!

You're welcome!
--
Just wondered what your preferred image editing software is?
Well that depends on what you mean by image editing...

Creation Process

I didn't have the font used in the TechSpot logo, so in this case, I had to isolate the "T" and "S". I know it sounds lame, but really the best way was just to do it very carefully in Paint, making sure not to remove any of the antialiased pixels.

After that I, because of my lazyness, opened the image in Flash to get the spacing right, that was when I noticed that the antialiased pixels where causing a problem on non-white backgrounds, so I had "un-antialias" every pixel that was antialiased.

I didn't actually remove the antialias, I made it a "universal antialias".
If pixel or group of pixels had a brightness level of 55%, I would color them black and set their alpha or opacity to 100 - brightness = 45%. (alpha of New_pixel = 100 - brightness of Old_pixel)
(I'd bet theres an application that can do this, I just havent found it yet :( )

Finally I exported to png, opened it in IconWorkshop and made the icons.
--

Mine is psp8!
I haven't used Pant Shop in many years, in fact I don't even remember how it looks or how to use it LOL. :)

For drawing stuff from scratch, I'll use a vector program like Flash, even if the final image is not meant for a vector format.

For editing photos I'll use whatever I feel is right for the job.
--
Edit: Short answer Fireworks, but once in a while I might use Paint just for extremely simple stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back