TechSpot

Wanting to go to 64-bit but can't find one driver, any solutions?

By Will_m
Jan 26, 2009
  1. Hi there, I'm planning on making the switch to a 64-bit OS over the summer (hopefully W7) and I'm just going through my hardware checking that I can find 64-bit driver for everything. I have unfortunately failed to find anything for my Roland GI-20 Guitar Synth which is a piece of hardware I use all the time :(

Is there any way around this? As I really want 64 to access more ram but also this is a piece of hardware I can't live without, I have emailed Roland to confirm that they only do a 32bit driver and they have replied with a yes.

If anyone can help out I would be hugely grateful!

Regards,

Will

2. Will_m

Will_m TS Enthusiast Topic Starter Posts: 77

Anyone? I am really struggling with this and it's a massive blow my upgrade plans :(

3. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 10,689   +394

You are probably screwed. I've dealt with Roland before and been pretty disappointed with their customer service. My guess is they won't ever make a 64bit driver for that, and no 3rd party people will try.

4. Will_m

Will_m TS Enthusiast Topic Starter Posts: 77

I have the same feeling, the person I spoke to from Roland said something along the lines of 'no we don't and we probably never will'. So I replied informing them that I'm goign to sell it and go for the Axon instead. They don't seem to have any 64-bit drivers for any of their products which seems stange as music production does seem to embracing 64-bit a bit more now.

Anyways, thanks for the help.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.