Warcraft 3 won't play??

By Lathon
Feb 21, 2006
  1. I just installed Warcraft 3 and Frozen Throne on my PC. They installed perfectly but, when I drop them into the CD player on my PC it says "Please verify your Warcraft 3 CD is in the CD-ROM and click "retry"". Why won't it recognize the CD when it saw it during installation? Any ideas? Any and all answers welcome!!
  2. Neowizard

Neowizard TS Rookie Posts: 22

It's the game protection system (anti-theft)
    either u're asking us about a burnt copy, in which case, u're in the wrong place for that Q
    either u're copy's protection system's got one hack of a bug (in that case, go and tell the store that they sold u a crapy copy and damned a refund or for a new copy)
    last option, u're CD is old...quite old. I've heard rumors that if ur CD-rom is TOO old, the protection system will think u're tying to boot the game with a burnt copy. I dono any was around this prob. other then getting a new CD-rom.
  3. Lathon

Lathon TS Rookie Topic Starter

Thanks for your reply Wizard (or do you prefer Neo)? At any rate, I'm not sure what the problem is so I'll keep working on it and see if I can get it to read. I borrowed this from a friend so, perhaps, it is a bit old (not sure how much he played it). Later for now and thanks again!!
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.