Watch Live: Google's breakfast with Chrome, Android boss Sundar Pichai

By Jos
Jul 24, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Google has invited members of the press to a “breakfast” meeting this morning in San Francisco, where Chrome and Android head Sundar Pichai is expected to share all the latest news and product announcements. Aside from actual breakfast, other stuff...

Read more
  2. OortCloud

OortCloud TS Booster Posts: 114   +27

Google 'breakfast' meeting - retch. This completely fake 'corparate chuminess' makes me want to puke up mine.
  3. tipstir

tipstir TS Ambassador Posts: 2,383   +105

I'll buy two or 4 of those Chrome Cast devices. Cool!
  4. MilwaukeeMike

MilwaukeeMike TS Evangelist Posts: 2,729   +1,093

yeah, no kidding... makes any sort of smart box (like Apple's?) seem overpriced and obsolete. I wonder how well it will work if your free HDMI is behind the TV though? It probably communicates with bluetooth, so that should work through a television. Most TVs have a side or bottom HDMI port though.
  5. tipstir

Well have had over 45 Android tablets because this is what I do program over 40 different ROM for tablets since 2010, for my own usage it's like 15 of them.

I would like to playback what I record from MCE 7 which uses *.wtv and a lot of devices don't support that. I have two tablets that do out of the box. To be able to transmit the signal from the tablet to HDTV that have USB ports would be great. All of my new HDTV have such a feature. I still can't find these Chrome Cast. I'll give it a few more hours.
  6. Jad Chaar

Jad Chaar TS Evangelist Posts: 6,477   +965

The new Nexus 7 is awesome. I am gonna pre order it. Glad I waited. As for that new Nexus Q successor, I may look into it.
  7. Kneep

Kneep TS Rookie Posts: 43

Lol wonder if Comcast will squak about the name, .... remember Lindows :) Very similar in sound
  8. tipstir

Must had have a limited on stock sold out..
  9. St1ckM4n

St1ckM4n TS Evangelist Posts: 2,920   +627

N7 is definitely pretty tasty. Not sure why it wouldn't sell like hotcakes.
  10. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 6,341   +1,939

I would as well but I can't seem to find the HDMI port on my 50's black & white TV so now I'm not so sure it'll be a good purchase.
  11. tipstir

Funny... ;)
  12. tipstir

Sold out although I'll keep looking...