TechSpot

water cooling

By acacia666avenue
Sep 30, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Im thinking about water cooling my computer by christmas time and was wondering if i should buy a complete kit, or if i should buy parts separately. And whats the best site to buy water cooling parts at?
  2. Rik

Rik Banned Posts: 4,985

That all depends on your level of expertise really. An all in one kit is much easier ti fit whereas buying all the parts separately is harder to put together but you usually end up with a better water kit.
  3. acacia666avenue

acacia666avenue TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 88

ok, thanks, i was kinda leaning toward buying all the parts separately so i might just do that
  4. Rik

Rik Banned Posts: 4,985

You could even go down the route i took. I got a cheap secondhand cpu only cooler than modded and added to it.
    The only real downside to that idea is that i did have a few hassles with tubing bore as all in ones tended to be smaller bore than built your owns, mind you, this was a couple of years ago, things may well be better now.
  5. acacia666avenue

whats the bestwebsite to buy parts at
  6. Cinders

Cinders TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,313   +12

The best site is the one that has the parts available for purchase at a competitive price. But I do like:

www.petrastechshop.com

www.dangerden.com

www.ncixus.com is a little expensive with shipping because they are in Canada but their prices do make up for it sometimes.

If you want to buy a kit you might consider Newegg.
  7. twite

twite TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,083

Also, if you are a member, try ebay.

I bought all my parts from frozencpu.com
  8. acacia666avenue

ok thanks, yea ive already checked frozencpu out , i thought that website seemed good, so thanks for all your help
  9. togojeff

togojeff TS Rookie

10. acacia666avenue

Im think im gonna go witha kit and then upgrade later. Are the swiftech , thermaltake or koolance kits good? Which brands kits are better?
  11. twite

twite TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,083

Swiftech is ok, thermaltake and koolance are sketchy. I prefer Dangerden and Asetek.

12. flycpd

flycpd TS Rookie

If you are going to use a watercooling kit, one of the best "bang for your buck" kits is the Natalus kits. I am curently using one on an AM2 Athlon64 X2 6400+ black edition CPU and it does an exelant job of cooling. Also, since it sits outside the case, it does not interfeer with the case cooling flow from the front and read fans cooling the rest of the board as some of the "all internal" kits do. Of course, you can get much better cooling if you custom build a watercooling system with individual parts, but you are talking a lot more money that way also.
  13. Rage_3K_Moiz

Rage_3K_Moiz Sith Lord Posts: 7,286   +24

DangerDen's cooling kits are the best IMO. I have one and it's worked flawlessly for the two or so years I've had it.
    As for parts, www.ZipZoomFly.com has very competitive prices, along with www.TigerDirect.com. I recommend those two along with NCIX and Newegg for the best deals.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.