Water cooling

Status
Not open for further replies.

acacia666avenue

Im thinking about water cooling my computer by christmas time and was wondering if i should buy a complete kit, or if i should buy parts separately. And whats the best site to buy water cooling parts at?

That all depends on your level of expertise really. An all in one kit is much easier ti fit whereas buying all the parts separately is harder to put together but you usually end up with a better water kit.

You could even go down the route i took. I got a cheap secondhand cpu only cooler than modded and added to it.
The only real downside to that idea is that i did have a few hassles with tubing bore as all in ones tended to be smaller bore than built your owns, mind you, this was a couple of years ago, things may well be better now.

Also, if you are a member, try ebay.

I bought all my parts from frozencpu.com

Im think im gonna go witha kit and then upgrade later. Are the swiftech , thermaltake or koolance kits good? Which brands kits are better?

If you are going to use a watercooling kit, one of the best "bang for your buck" kits is the Natalus kits. I am curently using one on an AM2 Athlon64 X2 6400+ black edition CPU and it does an exelant job of cooling. Also, since it sits outside the case, it does not interfeer with the case cooling flow from the front and read fans cooling the rest of the board as some of the "all internal" kits do. Of course, you can get much better cooling if you custom build a watercooling system with individual parts, but you are talking a lot more money that way also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back