We cannot add rich text in our signatures - why not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrea Borman

I have tried to add rich text to my signature. That is I want to have bold and colored text in my signature like this-
Andrea Borman.

The same as I have my signature on most other forums. Though the problem is when I try to make my signature with bold or rich text I get an error message saying-

Sorry BB codes are not allowed.

So does this mean that bold and rich text has been disabled for signatures settings,meaning that we cannot have rich text in our signatures?

Here is the screenshot I took when I tried to add my bold red text to my forum signature. As you can see,it won't let me do it. I get the error message you see in my image.

Signature error.JPG

Well according to that thread, it seems we are not allowed to have bold or colored text in our signature,only a link.
So I think the admin has disabled rich text option for sigs in the settings. Which is a shame because rich text looks nice.

I think that's the point. Signatures are secondary information pieces. Making huge 'pretty' blocks of text is annoying to everyone.

Well you wouldn't have very large text. My signature would be like this-
Andrea Borman.
Or this-

Andrea Borman.

Which brightens up forums posts,though I suppose it's not to every forum admins taste.

Either you enable BBcode, or you don't. If you enable it then there is no stopping me from making size 134534569 font signature.

St1ck4man said:
Either you enable BBcode, or you don't. If you enable it then there is no stopping me from making size 134534569 font signature.
Well it seems the admins have disabled BB codes for signatures and from reading the other thread you showed me. It says they don't like us to have big,text or rich bold texts in signatures. The only think that is allowed is maybe one or 2 links.

That's correct Andrea. A few years ago we enabled this and things got way out of hand. Most of a thread would be skipping through large signatures. We discussed and agreed on the current format in order to maintain a clean look for the forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back