web, ssh and snmp not working

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got a router having two Lan ports last week, and it generally seems to work - I can use the web interface, ssh to it, and use snmp.

However, while it continues to route to the Internet just fine, after 2-3 days all the management functions stop working!

I can still browse the internet, use port-forwarding access services from outside, and it still re-connects if I disconnect the phone line and re-connect it!

However if I try to access the web interface it connects, but never, or very very rarely, returns a page.

Similary, if I try with ssh it connects, but eventually times out without being able to login.

I'm also using snmp to graph bandwidth data, and there are substantial gaps - the graph goes for about a day, then stops, which about coincides with when router becomes inaccessible.

Bear in mind that the router continues to router throughout this, so its kind of functioning OK.

Many thanks in advance for your help

The thing is buggy as hell.. Try updating the firmware. If you have some diagnostic commands available through the SSH interface, try to find out the cause of these periods of inaccessibility.

try accessing by IP-ADDRESS, not NAME. I'm seeing several domains with unreliable
DNS servers where the first times-out and the fail over to the second is just too
slow with the reply; egro connection failure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back