Webcam Broken?

Okay, so this problem has been going on for at least half a year now and I swear I've tried everything short of reverting my computer back to factory settings, which I really don't want to do because I don't have anywhere to store my files.
I run Windows 8.1 64 bit on a Toshiba Satelite C855 laptop.
My stock webcam stopped working out of the blue roughly six months ago and when I checked it in the device manager, my webcam is displayed with a yellow alert triangle.
When I go into properties, this is the message that I see: "Windows cannot verify the digital signature for the drivers required for this device. A recent hardware or software change might have installed a file that is signed incorrectly or damaged, or that might be malicious software from an unknown source. (Code 52)"
I already uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers for it numerous times and asked Windows to find an update fo it numerous times, but no luck.
After a while, I went out and bought a new usb webcam, but that failed as well. The item said that it would automatically download the drivers when plugged in, but it didn't. On top of that, that webcam displays with a yellow triangle, too.
I seriously have no idea what to do at this point. I hate my computer, but I can't afford to get a new one. Help?

Back