TechSpot

Webcam Driver for Fuji Finepix s3500

By neural_jam
Jan 10, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I have a fuji finpix s3500 that I sometimes use as a webcam. However, I can't get it to work as a webcam with another computer with the same OS etc (WinXP Pro SP1a), despite having installed the USB driver, which I believe includes the webcam driver (or should do). Does anyone know of a seperate webcam driver? I tried copying across the files it said it was using in device manager, didn't expect it to work, and, well, it didn't lol...

HELP!

:)

-Jam

2. N3051M

N3051M TS Rookie Posts: 2,800

try updating to SP2.. comparing SP1 to SP2 is pretty much like going from windows xp to vista. Theres plenty of things SP2 got that 1 doesn't.

Otherwise, you may get lucky and get your messenger client to recognize the camera as webcam enabled through its setup wiz

3. neural_jam

neural_jam TS Rookie Topic Starter

That worked really well (although took an age to download and install lol)

Thanks!

4. stealth_2407

stealth_2407 TS Rookie

Hello!

I want to use Fuji S3500 camera as a web camera and I have SP2 on my computer, but still not work. If the camera is set as a web camera i see my image control and when I try to use with Yahoo messenger doesn't work! What's wrong in this case?

Thanks. Bye!

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.