Website Problems Using Latest IE and Windows 8.1

GhostRyder

I thought I would post this because I was having an issue after my desktop updated to Windows 8.1 when viewing this website under IE. When my desktop was on windows 8 everything was fine but when it swapped to 8.1, there are a lot of bugs that occurred on this website with quoting, writing responses, and the page in general.

The issue goes like this, if I want to reply to a thread and quote someone, the quote function will put me at the response box but there is no quote there which makes me manually copy paste the quote and write in the quote code to get it to work. The other issue is that when I start typing, the reply box starts growing down the page an exponential rate to a cap where it looks like the text box stretched off the page.

This seems to be exclusive to IE and Windows 8.1 as I used chrome on my desktop and the problem was gone. But I tried my Surface Pro which updated to 8.1 and the exact same problem persisted using IE on it.

I just thought I would point this out, ill send some screenshots of what I'm talking about when I get home today, but I thought I would let y'all know because its exclusively a problem for 8.1 and IE and I don't know if the problem may show up else where later. But Chrome works so I've just gone back to exclusively using chrome on both again.

Thanks GhostRyder I can confirm your issue on Win7 & IE11
The problem is in the jQuery editor that our forum software Xenforo uses.
It will be fixed when we perform the next scheduled forum upgrade.

Thanks GhostRyder I can confirm your issue on Win7 & IE11
The problem is in the jQuery editor that our forum software Xenforo uses.
It will be fixed when we perform the next scheduled forum upgrade.
Glad I could help, I just was not sure how many people might be having the issue because IE 11 and Windows 8.1 users are not at the top of the food chain. I just had not seen it mentioned and was starting to wonder if I was just having only issues on my machines. But it seems its the IE 11 updated version thats the issue.

Cool thank you!

Back