Websteroids

1. I downloaded a program that installed a software called Websteroids I uninstalled it and removed the files from my computer by deleting them, yet on my bottom right gadget icons it still pops up and says its running. I right click this icon and it says hide as the only option. Is there a way to remove and delete this file? I think its causing my computer to keep going into blue screen/errors. Got two erros this 3 days IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_ (nvlddmkm.sys)
  2. bobcat

bobcat TechSpot Paladin Posts: 688   +67

First try Revo Uninstaller Pro. If you don't want to buy it, you can get it on a free trial.
    Read the simple instructions. Even after uninstallation, you can still run it if there is a program file or icon. Choose advanced level and delete what it finds in the scans.

Revo Uninstaller Pro
    FastestCrib0439 likes this.
  3. FastestCrib0439

FastestCrib0439 Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

TY it worked!
  4. captaincranky

captaincranky TechSpot Addict Posts: 10,527   +857

JC713 likes this.
  5. bobcat

bobcat TechSpot Paladin Posts: 688   +67

You're welcome, also to Techspot, happy holidays.
  6. beens

beens Newcomer, in training

Hello, can I use this topic to ask a question. It is related so I figured I don't need to start a new one.
    So as OP, I also got a little issue with Websteroids. I googled it and I found a removal guide that I followed (this one, if it is at any importance http://www.xp-vista.com/spyware-removal/websteroids-removal-guide) and I think I got rid of it, just following the manual removal steps. My question is, should I also use the program that bobcat recommended, or just do a scan with my AV?

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.