Weekend game deals: 33% off Mafia II, Crysis Warhead

Matthew DeCarlo

Steam's 'Treasure Hunt' promotion continues this weekend with four new objectives that involve Mafia II, Magic: The Gathering, and Droplitz. All three have been reduced for the event. Meanwhile, holiday sales are intensifying across the board. In addition to various game discounts, Direct2Drive offers 20% off any title via coupon code "HOHOHO". Impulse, GOG, Microsoft and EA have also cut 25 to 75% off a wide array of games, including Sins of a Solar Empire, Battlefield 2: Complete Collection, Crysis Warhead and Medal of Honor.

Steam
Amnesia: The Dark Descent $9.99 (50% off)
Magic: The Gathering $4.99 (50% off)
Mafia II $33.49 (33% off)
Droplitz $2.50 (75% off)
System Protocol One $8.99 (10% off)
Greed Corp $8.99 (10% off)

Impulse
Supreme Commander Gold Edition $14.99 (50% off)
Crazy Machines $14.99 (25% off)
Crazy Machines 1.5 $14.99 (25% off)
Crazy Machines Bundle $29.99 (25% off)
Demigod $9.97 (50% off)
BOH $5.50 (50% off)
Sins of a Solar Empire $9.99 (50% off)
Space Rangers 2 $4.99 (75% off)
Battlefield 2: Complete Collection $14.99 (50% off)
More...

Direct2Drive
All games 20% off via coupon code "HOHOHO"
Like D2D on Facebook and enter to win two copies of COD: Black Ops
The Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena $4.95 (75% off)
All THQ games 50% off
Atari Complete Collection 50% off
Dark Fall Lost Souls $9.95 (50% off)
Rise of Flight - Iron Cross Edition $29.99 (40% off)

Good Old Games
Serious Sam: The Second Encounter $5.99
Broken Sword games 30% to 60% off

Microsoft
Top PopCap games 25% off (Zuma's Revenge, Plants vs. Zombies, Bookworm)

EAStore
Crysis Warhead $9.95 (33% off)
Mirror's Edge $4.95 (50% off)
The Saboteur $9.95 (33% off)
Need For Speed Hot Pursuit $34.99 (30% off)
Medal of Honor $36.99 (38% off)
Medal of Honor Airborne $4.95 (50% off)
Battlefield 2: Complete Collection $9.95 (50% off)

Permalink to story.

May I also suggest you consider including weekend deals from GamersGate.com in future postings?

You may indeed :) -- and if anyone else has a digital distribution service to recommend, we'd love to hear about it. We'll look into including GamersGate in next week's post.

Note, that those are not weekend long discounts from steam, they are doing the treasure hunt which gets offers from time to time, you should get into steam to check it out.

God... steam should pay me!

Steam's Amnesia discount is weekend-long (ends Monday at 10AM PST). Mafia II, Magic: The Gathering, and Droplitz will change on Sunday, December 12 as new objectives are introduced.

Would also suggest GoGamer.com - they usually have some pretty sweet weekend deals, including console games.

My recommendations from this list is:

Sins of a Solar Empire
Space Rangers 2
Plants vs. Zombies

kg363 said:
I might pull the trigger on MoH Airborne
I did a couple of weeks ago. If I had waited, I could have saved a whole $2.50! Having said that, the game gives me headaches. While it looks pretty, running makes your view zoom like in Gears of War and feels like you have concrete blocks attached to your feet. Still, for $5, go for it!

Airborne is insanely awesome due to the fact that you can parachute in anywhere you want on the map to complete objectives. Start on tower to snipe, or go into hot zone.. your choice.

Also does anyone know the region limitations on the EA sales? I'm in Australia, and I can't find anything on special. I tried the provided link, and changed AU to US in the address to no avail. Don't know what else I can try apart from proxy..

The 20% off can be applied to the Witcher 2 pre-order to make the subtotal $36 on D2D. I think for a game of W2 caliber, being available for sub-$40 already (hasn't been released) is a great deal. The 20% off can also be used on Fallout 3 GOTY to get it for $24; I hope steam beats that price for their Winter sale though. Also, it is the first time I have seen Darksiders for sale, though I will most likely not buy it until the 2011 Steam summer sale when it should be $10 (hopefully).

I played the demo of Amnesia for about ten minutes.

If you're capable of playing the game through its entirety, then I salute you. In the meantime, you'll find me underneath my bed, with all the lights on.

Nothing even happens in first 5 mins. :(

But yes, Amnesia is grand. Three of us 20-yr old guys were in my room, and enough bricks were shat to build a mansion.

I just picked up Amnesia. Looks pretty good. Rise of Flight looks very tempting on that list too. I haven't seen it any cheaper than that. My Christmas funds shrink every weekend it seems.

Back