TechSpot

Weekend game deals: ME3 $12, Batman AA+AC $10, Darksiders II $25

By Matthew
Oct 12, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Assuming you won't be tied up with Borderlands 2, Torchlight II, XCOM: Enemeny Unknown or Dishonored, there are plenty of temptingly-priced timewasters to be found this weekend, including up to 75% off Focus Home Interactive titles at Steam, Batman Arkham...

Read more
  2. Gareis

Gareis TechSpot Member Posts: 73   +14

Most of these offers are usually less than appealing.

Although, the Darksiders II, and Mass Effect offers are a good bargain.
  3. Jawshh

Jawshh TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 438

Just got the Divinity bundle from GOG. Really worth it!
  4. ShadowDeath

ShadowDeath Newcomer, in training Posts: 51

The Mass Effect 3 info is incorrect. It's 30 bucks not 11.xx
  5. Matthew

Matthew TechSpot Staff Topic Starter Posts: 6,052   +84 Staff Member

It was $11.98. Sales expire.
  6. LNCPapa

LNCPapa TS Special Forces Posts: 4,291   +263

7. Tanstar

Tanstar TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 196   +18

The don't mark it as a "Weekend Game Sale" if it doesn't even last through Saturday.
  8. ET3D

ET3D TechSpot Paladin Posts: 972   +30

9. ShadowDeath

ShadowDeath Newcomer, in training Posts: 51

Yes, and that's why I said that the info was wrong. I wasn't trying to be a jerk.
  10. Matthew

There's absolutely no way I can know when these companies will decide to pull the plug on every sale. Most last the weekend or longer, some don't. Additionally, I can't recheck every deal several times a day to ensure it's still available. I'm sorry, but if that's too harsh of a reality for you, don't read the post.
  11. LNCPapa

I was going to say "please keep doing it the way you have been" because if I'm quick enough on the draw I can be sure to get whatever deals you post. If you didn't post them at all then I'm almost guaranteed to miss the deal.

12. Matthew

Yeah, I mean I don't set out to disappoint anyone, but realistically, I can't recheck and update prices all weekend to make sure you see the right number when you click a link. That's impractical. If there's ever a pricing discrepancy shortly after publishing, feel free to yell at me. Otherwise, you'll just have to accept that you were too slow.
  13. I don't mean to pile on, but I too often miss the GamersGate deals. Are they in Asia/Europe? It's unclear when the sale begins/ends but it never seems to be available -- maybe it's not worth including them in these weekly lists. Bummer that I missed Mass Effect :\

That said, many thanks for taking the time to compile these! I check them each week.
  14. WaveZero

WaveZero Newcomer, in training Posts: 41

Funny thing is you could get ME and ME2 and loads of other games for free, recently off origin. Hahaha Anyone read about that off reddit?
  15. freythman

freythman TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 124   +10

You're my hero. Thanks!
  16. LNCPapa

Scroll up to post #6

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.