TechSpot

Weekend Open Forum: What are your most anticipated games of 2014?

By Justin Kahn
Jan 10, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. With the release of the new consoles behind us for the most part, its time to look forward at what we know so far about this year's game releases. As I've mentioned on WOF before, I am a fan of...

Read more

2. Julio Franco

Julio Franco TechSpot Editor Posts: 6,573   +340

Duke Nukem Forever!... wait...

St1ckM4n and ghasmanjr like this.
  3. ikesmasher

ikesmasher TS Evangelist Posts: 1,949   +381

Destiny. Call me old fashioned.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2014
    m4a4 likes this.
  4. Tye Lucas

Tye Lucas TS Rookie

The Division looks amazing if they can pull it off in 2014, I suspect it will be pushed into 2015 though. Thief of course and also Elder Scrolls Online which I am hoping will be good when its done!

5. First of all, it isn't a game but TechSpot's Most Anticipated PC Games of 2014.
    Second is Fallout, just hope it doesn't come with subpar texture nor characters animations

#3 and New Vegas were great games but the characters were awkward

Dreamfall, I loved The Longest Journey
    Prey 2, but I'm worried about what might come

Mirror's Edge, don't known when it'll come but have to be great

Watchdogs looks good let's see
    and Julio don't forget of Daikatana II, it'll rock

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2014
  6. howzz1854

howzz1854 TS Maniac Posts: 585   +79

Is there a list of games that are slated for this year? cause I haven't been paying attention.

m4a4 and Ranger12 like this.
  7. Ranger12

Ranger12 TS Guru Posts: 637   +117

Same here. Guess I am getting old. Use to know all the games coming out. Now the only one I recognize is Destiny and I didn't know when it was coming out.

8. trparky

trparky TS Rookie Posts: 70   +9

Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls

9. TitoBXNY

TitoBXNY TS Enthusiast Posts: 134   +17

D3: Reaper of Souls, Watchdogs,Elder Scrolls Online, The Witcher 3, Grim Dawn, Thief.

10. Defense Grid 2

11. noel24

noel24 TS Rookie Posts: 54   +14

GTA5? But the real one, with support for mouse and keyboard (no need for auto aiming) and better graphics. You know which I'm talking? PC one.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2014
    St1ckM4n, Timonius, trgz and 2 others like this.

12. TomSEA

TomSEA TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,356   +402

Elder Scrolls Online (haven't played an MMO in years - ready to try one again) and Fallout 4 - if it comes out this year.

13. madboyv1

madboyv1 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 958   +49

I hope to see the alpha and the beginning of beta for Star Citizen. Technically the single player campaign will be out during/between alpha and beta so I think that counts. =p

14. Uhhhh

mainly gta5 and thief which I preordered since it came with the gpu.

btw gta5 is coming to pc in March

EClyde likes this.
  15. hahahanoobs

hahahanoobs TS Booster Posts: 984   +97

GTA V and Watchdogs.

Timonius and EClyde like this.
  16. Blue Falcon

Blue Falcon TS Enthusiast Posts: 150   +41

14 March – Titanfall (360/XO/PC)
    14 March – Dark Souls II (360/PS3/PC)
    Q2 – Watch Dogs (360/PS3/Wii U/XO/PS4/PC)
    9 September – Destiny (XO/PS4/PC)
    Q3 – The Order: 1886 (PS4)
    Q4 – The Division (XO/PS4/PC) <--- IIRC, this is going to be a 2015 title :(

My most anticipated
    2014 – The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt (XO/PS4/PC)

Used this list as a reference:
    http://metro.co.uk/2014/01/03/gamec...ew-of-2014-from-titanfall-to-destiny-4241700/

17. The Witcher 3 of course!

18. PC version of GTA V.

Timonius and EClyde like this.
  19. Cycloid Torus

Cycloid Torus TS Booster Posts: 183   +39

While most of the marketing for the newest, most spectacular, most excellent, most wonderful is bombast and blither, I will admit to some interest in Fallout 4 and possibly Thief. Being an 'Older Gamer' I find that I wait on reviews and, if there is 'action' in the game which far surpasses my synapse lag, I look for the capability to cheat in order to get through the impossible stuff (tgm in Skyrim).

20. Burty117

Burty117 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,512   +314

1. Watchdogs
    2. Destiny
    3. GTA 5 for PC
    4. Witcher 3
    5. Elder Scrolls Online

Possibly:
    1. The Division
    2. Fallout 4

To be honest though, GTA 5 on PC is what I'm looking forward to the most I have it on PS3 and as much as I enjoy it, multiplayer isn't very good and driving fast causing it to lag up is annoying, same as the 360 version except much blurry textures which kinda throws you out the experience a bit.

Even though it's a console only thing, Destiny I'm very excited for and would be the reason I buy a PS4, Bungie have never let me down (except for ODST but firefight was a slice of genius) so my expectations are relatively high for this.

Last one I'm really excited about is Witcher 3, I haven't played the first one but I completed the second one and loved it :)

EDIT: My ONE thing I would like though is a FIXED Battlefield 4 :)

Last edited: Jan 11, 2014
  21. Experimentongod

Experimentongod TS Rookie Posts: 88   +19

I still have a dencet backlog and I haven't even bought all the good games from 2013 yet, so I'm not looking forward to anything really :p.

22. Blakey

Blakey TS Rookie

1. Elder Scrolls Online, after playing this weekend beta its even better than I expected.
    2. Thief, quite enjoy sneaky games and this one looks stunning.
    3. GTA 5 for PC, refused to play it till it comes to PC consoles don't do it justice.
    4. A Battlefield 4 fix? still to broken

Burty117 likes this.
  23. Prosercunus

Prosercunus TS Enthusiast Posts: 120   +9

Witcher 3 is the only game I am counting on to impress me. Plenty of the usual suspects that people have already posted, but those are all wait and see.

24. mrtraver

mrtraver TS Enthusiast Posts: 240   +11

madboyv1 and m4a4 like this.
  25. EClyde

EClyde TS Enthusiast Posts: 179   +22

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.