TechSpot

Weekend tech reading: Everything you need to know about PRISM, the NES turns 30

By Matthew
Jul 21, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Since September 11th, 2001, the United States government has dramatically increased the ability of its intelligence agencies to collect and investigate information on both foreign subjects and US citizens. Some of these surveillance programs, including a secret program called PRISM...

Read more
  2. hitech0101

hitech0101 TS Enthusiast Posts: 427   +19

Always enjoyed the TS weekend tech read keep it coming.
  3. JC713

JC713 TS Evangelist Posts: 6,939   +899

That PRISM article is great.
  4. tonylukac

tonylukac TS Maniac Posts: 865   +21

If you're so worried about license plate cameras, use the photo blocker spray:
    http://redlightcameraticket.net/
    Our town of Darien has no red light cameras whatsoever, but they seem to monitor more than those who do. I see police every day. I don't use any such spray. Got a red light camera intersection ticket once, from another town.
  5. davislane1

davislane1 TS Guru Posts: 1,305   +477

Mythbusters did an episode on this...Spray/shields do not work. When it comes to tracking LPNs with dash cams/stoplight cameras, there really aren't any reliable countermeasures other than not driving your car. Well, unless you live up north, only drive in the winter, and conveniently have a thick sheet of snow & ice frozen to the back of your car all the time.
  6. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TechSpot Paladin Posts: 5,962   +1,481

My advice would be to simply stop at a red light.
  7. davislane1

davislane1 TS Guru Posts: 1,305   +477

But that messes up my lap times...
  8. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TechSpot Paladin Posts: 5,962   +1,481

lol, mine to!

I was once stopped for running a red light when I was watching the cop instead of the signal light. We were the only two on the highway, I think he should have been more lenient but I graciously accepted the fine.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.