TechSpot

Weekend tech reading: The first plastic computer processor

By Matthew
Mar 27, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. The first plastic computer processor Silicon may underpin the computers that surround us, but the rigid inflexibility of the semiconductor means it cannot reach everywhere. The first computer processor and memory chips made out of plastic semiconductors suggest that, someday, nowhere will be out of bounds for computer power. Technology Review

Read the whole story

2. hitech0101

hitech0101 TS Enthusiast Posts: 429   +19

"The first plastic computer processor" Was completely surprised when I read the article amazing.

3. ---agissi---

---agissi--- TechSpot Paladin Posts: 2,384   +15

I loved "CEO Friday: Why we don?t hire .NET programmers".

4. St1ckM4n

St1ckM4n TS Evangelist Posts: 3,473   +622

In regards to the physics processing - maybe because it takes more effort to implement on shitty console ports?

5. tonylukac

tonylukac TS Maniac Posts: 913   +22

The people in the .net programmer post are simply liars, if not dreamers. The guy next door has his masters in computer science and has been trying for 2 years to get a job. Start ups? What start ups? Show him where they are. As for programmers programming "since they were 5 years old" I know a 5 year old, and he can't even wipe his own butt.

6. TorturedChaos

TorturedChaos TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 846   +11

"AMD: Game developers not exactly interested in hardware-accelerated physics" I find it a bit of an ironic state since AMD doesn't have a physics engine on the cards:p.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.