Weird CD-ROM ejecting problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi
Im using samsung CD-ROM with windows xp.. Im facing ejecting problem. After pressing the eject button in the CD-ROM, the green light glows but CD-ROM is not ejecting. Sometimes its working.. The same is happening even when i click eject from windows menu.. Im hearing some ejecting like sound inside the CD-ROM after clicking the eject button.. I couldn figure out what the problem is.. Can anyone please help me in this?

thanks in advance
GK

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

The fact that it sometimes works, makes me think the drive is faulty.

Try another drive.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Sometimes drives die. Replacement CD-ROM drives are fairly inexpensive.

Thanks for your reply.. Is this the only way? Will there be any problem in the CD-ROM drawer? If so, is it possible to repair it..

Because plain jane CD-ROM drives cost only around $15 USD, it unlikely to be worth repairing even if there are places that bother to do so. Of course, installation labor is extra but a lot less than repair labor.

ok, i will replace the CD-ROM. But im curious to know what the problem is?
is this due to improper use of CD-ROM, because sometimes i will just push the drawer to close instead of pressing the button..

One of the data ribbons inside the CD drive have probably been ripped over constant use. Chances are you'll probably need another drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back