Weird CD-ROM ejecting problem

By gobi_dgm
Mar 9, 2006
  1. hi
    Im using samsung CD-ROM with windows xp.. Im facing ejecting problem. After pressing the eject button in the CD-ROM, the green light glows but CD-ROM is not ejecting. Sometimes its working.. The same is happening even when i click eject from windows menu.. Im hearing some ejecting like sound inside the CD-ROM after clicking the eject button.. I couldn figure out what the problem is.. Can anyone please help me in this?

thanks in advance
  2. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 24,177   +19

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

The fact that it sometimes works, makes me think the drive is faulty.

Try another drive.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:
  3. mailpup

mailpup TS Special Forces Posts: 6,964   +355

Sometimes drives die. Replacement CD-ROM drives are fairly inexpensive.
  4. gobi_dgm

gobi_dgm TS Rookie Topic Starter

Thanks for your reply.. Is this the only way? Will there be any problem in the CD-ROM drawer? If so, is it possible to repair it..
  5. mailpup

mailpup TS Special Forces Posts: 6,964   +355

Because plain jane CD-ROM drives cost only around $15 USD, it unlikely to be worth repairing even if there are places that bother to do so. Of course, installation labor is extra but a lot less than repair labor.
  6. gobi_dgm

gobi_dgm TS Rookie Topic Starter

ok, i will replace the CD-ROM. But im curious to know what the problem is?
    is this due to improper use of CD-ROM, because sometimes i will just push the drawer to close instead of pressing the button..
  7. Nukey

Nukey TS Rookie Posts: 110

One of the data ribbons inside the CD drive have probably been ripped over constant use. Chances are you'll probably need another drive.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.