Weird computer problem, display is black

jarko

Hi

I have a very weird computer problem, basically the computer screen will not start like it used to. When i press the power button everything in the pc turns on it seems but the monitor screen is black.

I tested the monitor at a friends house and it worked perfectly, i have also bought a brand new gfx card and the problem persists. I hope someone can help me because I am at a loss and have no clue what to do next. When i switch the pc on, everything inside seems normal, I have checked and rechecked all cables and connections.

Please help me, how can i find whats causing this?

(As you mentioned, the monitor is most likely fine. It is the PC which causes grief.)

Now, what happens if you start the PC with another screen attached, does it work/not work? (Do you have another screen?)

Because even the other graphics card doesn't fix the problem, I suspect something iffy going around inside the motherboard's northbridge (it basically serves as a signal router to the GPU). Sadly, the only non-risky solution to that would be getting a new mobo :(

List:
- Check the PC with another monitor (optional)

Question: How old is the computer?

sounds like your mobo is gone my friend, this has happened to me before (let my North bridge get to hot for too long), either time for a full upgrade or just a new mobo that will work with all your stuff, try and match chipsets since your windows install will not work if u buy a new mobo with a different chipset.

Back