Weird flashing image

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,
i'm a first timer here. You guy's look like smart pc guy's and i got a weird graphical problem so i hope you can help me.

I'll first give u some info
Windows xp pro
amd athlon xp 2500+ mmx 3d now 1.8 ghz
ati radeon 9800 pro agp(0x4e48) 128mb
512 ram
directx 9.0c
I use the ati drivers from the home page 6-8_xp-2k_dd_35179

The thing is when i'm playing game's for my pc wich i could play pretty smooth before
(Need for speed underground, Knight online, Painkiller)i now get weird flashing line and triangular shapes. Most of the time it's playable cause not the whole screen flashes and it's real fast. But 2 time's the game was flashing like mad. When action get's heavy in some fps game's even on low resolution i get weird bad slowdowns. The weird thing is one time it's there and the other time it's not. It's driving me mad and i cant find what is the problem. I did lower my color quality from 32 bit to 16 and it kinda helps but it's not solved.

anyone know what could be the problem? hardware malfunction? drivers? or something else. Pls let me know if u need additional information.

thx in advance

Make sure your Power Supply can handle your graphics card. Then you might want to download a driver cleaner. I had the same problem dude and I had to reformat the HDD. Which SUCKS. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back