Weird problem with my computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have this weird problem with my computer. The first thing is when i start my computer there sometimes comes a text saying "no connetion" and sometimes not.
Then I just take the monitor cable and put it in to another hole (there are many holes that look the same) in the computer and then it works perfectly? The next day the same thing happens, it says "no connection" . So I put the monitor cable back to the place where it used to be and then it works again. And so it continues.
I don't understand why it does that?

The second thing is that my computer and internet are very slow? I have no idea why. It's lagging all the time.

And the third thing is my RAM. I actually have 512mb RAM, but now after all these things that have happend it shows me that I only have 448mb?

Someone told my that the problem could be in the video card, but when I look at it in the device manager, it shows me that it is working perfectly?

So please help me!

Could you also post the specifications of your PC.

It actually could be a GPU problem even if Device Manager says it's ok. The Dev Manager would not detect whether a component was "dying".

And the third thing is my RAM. I actually have 512mb RAM, but now after all these things that have happend it shows me that I only have 448mb?

What OS are you using? AFAIK, the OS uses a portion of the memory for itself. As a result the amount of memory available is lesser than that installed.

Just an added note: That's also likely due to your GPU. If your graphics card doesn't come with its own onboard memory then Windows allocates part of your main memory for use by your GPU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back