Weird Sound situation

Select the Start button, type Troubleshoot, and then select Troubleshoot from the list of results. Select Playing Audio > Run the troubleshooter.

My start button doesn't have a place to type anything. I have gone into Sound in Control panel but that was no help :(

Partially solved, I can hear the KIRO7 link but not cbsevening news now..I'll continue to mess with it a bit this afternoon, thanks :)

Problem solved if you can tell me how to keep the volume control on the headphones ON all the time so I don't have to keep squeezing them together

So it is a mechanical/electrical thing - still a bit unclear to me - have to keep squeezing them together - what is the 'them'? photo?

I have had many successes just cleaning things - and using black electrical tape (which has some elasticity) -

So, likely bad switch - looks silly bugger - more fancy than necessary. Got rubber band? Possibly a couple of tight twists of wire.

Alternatives? cut and splice (makes less useful for iPad) or buy replacement for $6-$8 (Walmart / Target / CVS ).

Back