weird usb problem on my pc

Status
Not open for further replies.

lplover2k

have a weird problem with my usb... some devices run just fine but others do not...

e.g.
problems
my printer (hp3745) sometimes does not work properly..
> sometimes, it prints half the doc and then just stops...no response...i try to turn it off..but no good. has to restart my pc..
> sometimes, when i print...there's the print queue window appearing and on the title of the windows..it's written "printer offline" then "printer online" then "printer offline" and this goes on like this......has to restart my pc again

now i also get problem with other usb device like last time i tried the usb cable DU-11 to connect my sony eriksson with my pc....

i has same prob as my second printer problem... it says "connected" and then "disconnected" and this goes on like this.....

and now... it does not detect my phone at all....

solutions i tried
> uninstall all usb hub and usb host controller and then let windows re-install all..(on my mobo manual..it tells me to use win xp sp1 tp install my usb and that's what i do but i used sp2).
> on my bios...tried usb 2.0 legacy mode enabled,auto and disabled
> tried usb speed "hispeed" and "full speed"(nothing is detected with this option..only my modem and mouse which are already connected)

nothing worked!!!!

only my flash drives,mouse and modem works on usb properly....

however,modem was a bit buggy too sometime ago but now it's fine
mouse sometimes have problems,the cursor become static,but there's like another invisible cursor...i.e. i can click on icons etc.. but the cursor is static(sometimes change to processing)....

help needed plz!!! sorry for the lengthy problem definition.

my pc specs
mobo: asus p4b533-x
usb: 6 usb entries (2 in front and 4 at the back)
Ram: 512mb DDR
HDD: 110gb+40gb HDD

HOPE SOMEONE CAN HELP ME

Try another USB port.

I recently had a USB issue also. A dell mouse would prevent the P.O.S.T but I would unplug it and everything was fine once it got past the P.O.S.T.

I installed a logitech mouse and rebooted and it never stopped the P.O.S.T

ty for response but not working..already tried all these...

removes all usb devices etc....
re-install etc... :(:(:( help plz

Do you have usb diagnostic software and a loopback adapter to run tests?

Look in your device manager and check your USB roots to see if any of them have any conflicts.

Is the printer setup on the right connection? You should also try to scan for viruses.

usb diagnostic soft? can u recommend one??

there's no conflicts with my usb ..i scanned for viruses... nothing

I use PC check and a USB dummy tester. It costs 225 but I am sure there are others out there.

Try other USB devices in the port you are having troubles with.

Ensure your printer port is setup correctly on your printer options

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back