Wermgr.exe HELP!!!

By JustJay420
Dec 8, 2007
  1. I was logging into my PC and not 3 minutes after I saw that the wermgr.exe was being learned by the Defense+ service by Comodo. Defense+ said it connected to my task manager and keyboard. I did research and found that it is some kinda spyware. Can anybody help to remove it? and I really wanna know how it got passed Comodo, AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5 Pro, and Spybot.
  2. momok

momok TS Rookie Posts: 2,265

I'm a little concerned here: which site did it say exactly that wermgr.exe is spyware?

According to my knowledge, it is part of the Windows Problem Reporting system.

momok =)
  3. JustJay420

JustJay420 TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 78

4. momok

momok TS Rookie Posts: 2,265

I see. From what I last remember, Prevx has had a track record of giving false positives. < Greatis Software < from the Microsoft Site itself

There is a possibility that wermgr.exe is actually a registered trojan/spyware name; to clarify that, simply check the location of that file in your computer. It should reside in this location:

momok =)
  5. JustJay420

JustJay420 TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 78

Yea it's there. I guess you're right I'll stop thinkin bout this.
  6. SultanGris

SultanGris TS Booster Posts: 158

Are you sure its part of windows error reporting? Ive got spybot search and destroy with process scanner on my computer and I just now tonight noticed it popping up MULTIPLE times, on my laptop, on a free wirerless netowork. never seen it before on my wirerless netowrk at home, or any of the other multiple wirless networks ive been connected to.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.