TechSpot

WESTEL 2200 to NETGEAR WIRELESS ROUTER - Setup Questions?

By t00lb0x
Aug 5, 2005
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Need Wireless Help! WESTEL 2200 to NETGEAR WIRELESS ROUTER - Setup Questions?

I just got DSL for the first time. I received a Westel 2200 modem/router with DSL plan. I want to use my netgear wireless router for pda/laptop/other pcs in house (for obvious reasons). I connected from DSL modem WAN port to port1 on netgear, from port2 on netgear to my main pc via ethernet cable. Thus making my neatgear a wireless access point/switch (i'm assuming)

All works fine there, access internet, etc... However, now when i try to connect via wifi with my pda it shows i'm "connected" but i can not access the internet or network shares on my main pc.

Note: I used to have cable modem and a different setup, then using the wireless netgear as a router only and connected from the cable modem to the WAN port on the netgear. I had the wireless access working fine then.

Another Note: Westel 2200 gives an internal ip range of 192.168.1.15 - 192.168.1.47

Questions...

1) Is there a way to access/manage the wireless netgear router now?
    2) What do i need to do to get wireless access fully functional for pda again?
    3) Where's my coffee, oh there it is, nevermind...

Apologies if I duped another post, I searched but couldn't find this exact issue.

Thanks!

2. t00lb0x

t00lb0x TS Rookie Topic Starter

nevermind, i figured it out... thanks!

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.