TechSpot

Western Digital completes Hitachi GST acquisition

By Jos
Mar 9, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. One year after announcing the deal, Western Digital has officially completed its acquisition of Viviti Technologies (formerly Hitachi GST) for $3.9 billion in cash and 25 million shares of WDC…

Read the whole story

2. RzmmDX

RzmmDX TS Enthusiast Posts: 205   +27

GG Hitachi. Your awesome 120GB 2.5 sata hdd is still alive and kicking after 5 years.

3. How in the world could this merger be sanctioned by trade overseers when it leads to price fixing between Seagate and WD!?

How many officials were bribed to get this deal through? This is a very grim development!

4. I was so disappointed on WD hard drives.Very poor quality. Now they bought such a great company as hitachi,it is just a matter of few months before they ruin its image. You and your crappy hard drives WD,sham on you.

5. Leeky

Leeky TS Evangelist Posts: 4,378   +99

While I think Western Digital disks have improved in recent years, I sincerely hope this does not cause the quality of Hitachi GST hard disks to decrease.

I also hope that it's Hitachi's technology that makes its way into Western Digital disks, and not the other way around.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.