What could be the problem?

By blueraider
Oct 28, 2009
  1. I purchased a custom built pc from a friend yesterday, with a phoenix mobo and a hercules video card. When i hooked up my monitor to it the pc would run but the monitor would not come on this is the same monitor i use on my dell desktop.. I finally got the monitor to come on installed a fresh copy of xp and rebooted and i get the same results, Only this time the comp is running and i can hear the os booting up but the from panel power button instead of showing green shows nothing. I put in a 350 watt psu with no results. what is going on i know the thing works could it be the monitor or card or what.
  2. mailpup

mailpup TS Special Forces Posts: 6,964   +355

Check the graphics card. Maybe it came loose during transportation. While you're in there check all the other connections just in case. Otherwise, I would suspect a bad graphics card.
  3. blueraider

blueraider TS Rookie Topic Starter

well i check all the connections..would it be ok to use a 34.00 video card from bestbuy on the phoenix mobo to replace it.
  4. mailpup

mailpup TS Special Forces Posts: 6,964   +355

Yes, as long as it is compatible with the slot on the motherboard. You could check with your friend as to the right kind of card to get.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.