What do I need to connect 200 network systems

Status
Not open for further replies.
what all are required for me to set a network of systems 200 in my office
Which includes Router , Switch, Hub and all the network devices
And also I need some Antivirus and Operating systems specifications too
Let me know if there any chance of having different OS and server requirements for this network
how many workstations do i need to make and servers also

Servers usually start at 4 maximum allowed workstations
And then the price goes up from there!

Due to the fact that this setup can cost 100's of thousands of dollars
I believe you are best to get someone in (large respected computer networking company)

Maybe call Dell (as an example company) and ask where you might initially stand in this high cost hardware setup.!

Thank you but at the same time I like to know more about Estimation that I need to know If possible could you suggest me some information regarding this.
Just I have started my life with Networking and need to struggle hard for this.. so taking a little step where this could make me familiar with the IT market
Let me know if there a certain price for equipments

You need to outline your expected usage for the server and what it will supply to
the clients eg central administration, file sharing, email support for your domain, ...

If all the clients are Windows systems and you want the normal Microsoft exclusive solution,
then you need a Windows Server 200x server configured as a Domain Controller with
DHCP + DNS services. The Exchange Server is the MS Email support software.
This solution may require more than ONE system to implement depending upon the
workload imposted by the clients. In addition, you need Client Access License(CAL) for all
clients and this gets expensive too.

If however, all you need is email and file sharing support, any Linux Sever will support
your 200 clients without CALs using Samba(CIFS) support.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back