What do you guys think about this computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

imxelite

I'm looking to find another laptop for me. I currently have a HP nx9110 with a 3.8 P4 and 1 gig with 120HD. The only think I don't like is that it's heavy I know it has to weigh about 10lbs and this thing throws out some heat. I'm not looking to break the bank but I wanted something that was fast then what I have now. I need some opinions from you guys.

Is this a good buy:
http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Acer...76217/catOid/-12963/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do

It's OK for the price, but Vista will probably suck on it with only a gig of RAM and the shared memory graphics controller.

Maybe up the RAM to 2GB and/or downgrade to Windows XP?

For $539, I can get a 15.4" WXGA based Inspiron 1501 with AMD Turion 64 X2 Dual-Core Mobile TL-50, 1GB DDR2, 120GB HD, 8x DVD+/-RW dual layer burner, 256MB ATI Radeon Xpress1150, 802.11b/g wireless, and a 1 year warranty. From Dell

I think the dell is better spec wise, mainly because the processor is a dual core, even though it's slower per core and with less cache. The integrated graphics in the dell is also faster, other wise they're very similar. Also with the dell you won't have to deal with rebates, and may not have to pay tax if dell doesn't have a store in your state. The downside is that dell support sucks. I haven't heard good or bad about acer, so I can't comment on their support.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back