TechSpot

What does OneNote do?

By Danipuppy
Feb 6, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Well, I currently do not have a wireless printer, so I can print stuff off Micorsoft Word (like my Homework), and I was wondering if Microsoft OneNote does what I think it does. So, my question is: Does Microsoft Windows OneNote send things, like a document saved on Microsoft Word, to another computer?

2. jobeard

jobeard TS Ambassador Posts: 13,426   +317

see http://www.onenotereview.com/ or google for review OneNote

[edit]
    Those who are tempted to use OneNote as an inexpensive alternative to Word or Outlook, don't be fooled: OneNote is intended to be used in conjunction with either -- or preferably both -- Outlook and Word, and you will not reap the full rewards if you try to use OneNote as a stand-alone application.

Further, don't listen to anyone who tells you OneNote is only for tablet pc's -- this is either a ploy to get you to buy a tablet or a side effect of Microsoft's niche marketing of the product; in actuality, it performs well on any Windows machine. If you remain unconvinced, try a free, limited-use OneNote download and prepare to be wowed!
    [/edit]

3. mercury01

mercury01 TS Rookie

I generally liked OneNote, but it wasn’t perfect for my needs and I still wanted to know how it stacked up against the competition. So I set out to compare it to its competitors. I looked at dozens of different programs. [​IMG]

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.