TechSpot

What email client are you using?

By dani_17
Jun 26, 2003
Post New Reply
  1. As simple as that :)

I want to change from outlook xp to another one.

I reinstall my system quite often and I hate to move pst files and stuff....

Which one are you using?

2. MYOB

MYOB TS Rookie Posts: 492

BeMail 2.01B2.... although thats not gonna be an option for you I guess, so I'd say buy a copy of Eudora

3. Julio Franco

Julio Franco TechSpot Editor Posts: 7,058   +645

I use Outlook Express, don't know how it compares to other clients but after 5 or so years I've got used to it and I like it. I use that coupled with Mailwasher to bounce spam.

4. Phantasm66

Phantasm66 TS Rookie Posts: 5,734   +7

I have to use yucky, crappy groupwise from Novell at work, but I use Evolution under Linux at home, which is quite like Microsoft Outlook.

5. poertner_1274

poertner_1274 secroF laicepS topShceT Posts: 4,172

I kind of prefer the Opera mail client. It's not flashy, but it works.

6. Nic

Nic TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,549

I use Outlook XP, and I like it. It does seem to be a little buggy though, and my version won't release memory resources after its closed. If I start it up again, then look in task manager, I will see two copies running (more if I close and start outlook xp again). Maybe I need a complete reinstall though I doubt that will work.

7. Nodsu

Nodsu TS Rookie Posts: 5,837   +6

I like any mail client that's usable and doesn't do "user friendly" stuff behind your back. So I use M2 (Opera) in Windows, Sylpheed in Linux, Pegasus at work.

8. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 10,704   +397

Using Outlook XP. I used to use the extra features it had over OE, but I don't anymore, but I got so used to using it that it would be a hassle to switch. I have used Eudora in the past though. It was "ok".

9. ---agissi---

---agissi--- TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,977   +15

Um, lets see..

www.hotmail.com :cool:

no joke, i could use what julio uses, but hotmail is so easy - really. I just have trillian popup, tell me if I have new mail or not. If I do, I click that mini-popup and vulla, im in the inbox

10. Phantasm66

Phantasm66 TS Rookie Posts: 5,734   +7

if you use outlook express to read hotmail, its not too bad.

11. ---agissi---

---agissi--- TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,977   +15

Thats what I can do...I just dont like the change =\

12. olefarte

olefarte TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 1,343   +6

HotMail here too.

13. Julio Franco

Julio Franco TechSpot Editor Posts: 7,058   +645

I have never installed Outlook XP in the systems I run, anything I could be missing from OE?

14. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 10,704   +397

Outlooks features that are not in OE don't have much use unless you have a pda that you actually use, or you want an electronic way to keep track of what things you have to do on specific days at specific times.

15. LNCPapa

LNCPapa TS Special Forces Posts: 4,206   +424

I use Outlook, Eudora, Entourage, OS X Mail, and Evolution about equally - and occasionally use pine.

LNCPapa

16. Soap

Soap TS Rookie Posts: 72

opera M2 here. its basic but it does everything i need it to do.

17. Nick

Nick TS Rookie Posts: 185

i just don't use email, simple as that.

E-mail's are old fashion, everyone has a cell phone and instant messanger =p.

18. Nodsu

Nodsu TS Rookie Posts: 5,837   +6

Yea, I like reading 3-page documents from my cellphone or an IM window too

19. Tarkus

Tarkus TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 621

I use Eudora...have since 1995, can't find a reason to change. Especially with all the vulnerabilities in MS mail programs.

20. MrGaribaldi

MrGaribaldi TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 2,512

I've been using Netscape's mailclient since ver. 1.1 (way back in the day), and haven't seen any reason to change... It has all the features I want and use, doesn't take too long to load (as I've allways got a copy of Netscape loaded), and doesn't have any trouble with handling a lot of email... (some of my folders contain more than 66k emails!)

Used Eudora on the uni for a while, but didn't like that too much either... Maybe because it made using pine in the same home area (though under different OS) a pain...

And on *nix machines, I use Pine... It does just what I want, and nothing more...