but my problem is what should I buy?
what graphics card type?

here is my PC info's :
Brand : Packard Bell
Model : iMedia2870
Proccessor : Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2120 CPU @ 3.30GHz (4CPUs) ~3.3GHz
Memory : 8GB

I would like some suggest over there?
what graphics card should I buy for this?

Maximum Price about 300 $..

please I need you help .
thank you. :)

With an i3, lets see what we can do, you should not be heavily bottlenecking anything as it is so I would not worry to hard on a single card setup.

Try either an R9 280X by AMD or a GTX 770 by NVidia

R9 280X

GTX 770

What size power supply do you have? Chances are the PSU will need to be replaced as well. You will likely need about 500W's to power a $300 PSU. Go for at least GTX 650/750 (AMD equivalent) or better. I have a GTX 660 in my PC and works great at 1600x900 resolutions. What resolution will you be using?

you think it's right for my PC?
I mean it's suitable?
coz my cage is so small.
Do you have a link or know the name of your case so we can see?

Also like cliffordcooley said, what is the current PSU you have so we can tell if you need a better one or not and if yours can handle the system.

This is what I see in my PSU

3ytm.png

This is what I see in my PSU
Oh crud, you only have a 220 watt PSU, that's way to low to run almost any GPU even on the lowest end.

Heres what I would do if I were you:

Grab a PSU like this one below:
EVGA 500Watt Bronze
Then get either of these GPU's in your system:
Sapphire HD 7950 3gb
Asus GTX 760 2gb

My opinion would be to get the HD 7950 because its more powerful and cheaper than the GTX 760 is and leaves games at 1080p pretty well stomped.

Thank you ghost for your sugguestion :)

you think
PSU and Graphics card
will be compatible to put in
this cage?
see image :
http://portatiles-info.com/wp-content/uploads/store/products/thumbnails/1229701864856073.jpg

that is my cage so tight >.<

I can buy here in newegg?
I live in france.
I dont know any site online to buy
a things for my PC..

I'm just so newbie :D

but I see a different PSU
you think it is okay?
here . you can check it out.
http://www.cdiscount.com/informatiq...rnova-nex-bronze/f-107751423-120pb0750kr.html

That's a SFF case, yeah. PSU's for that are hard to come by and generally don't come in high wattages. Additionally, GPU's struggle to fit.

May I suggest a cheap case, in addition to PSU + GPU? $30-40 is all you need.

That's a SFF case, yeah. PSU's for that are hard to come by and generally don't come in high wattages. Additionally, GPU's struggle to fit.

May I suggest a cheap case, in addition to PSU + GPU? $30-40 is all you need.
Sadly you need a new case, im sorry to say but that small a case will only fit a small form factor cards which are low power and wont be a good upgrade for gaming. Try getting a PSU-Case Combo with 500 watts then a GPU, let me see if I can find any in your area that will work.

Before you decide to buy a new case to transfer your old hardware into it, have you visually checked your motherboard to see if it has a PCI-E slot for a separate graphics card? I'm not saying it doesn't but when I tried to look it up, I couldn't find any information on whether it does or not.

If for some reason it doesn't have a PCI-E slot, you will be looking at getting another motherboard. If you have to get another motherboard, as a practical matter you should be looking at building a whole new PC from scratch.

Also, when asking for graphics card buying advice, you never said what you want to use it for. We could assume for gaming but if not, that would make a big difference in recommendations and cost.

Before you decide to buy a new case to transfer your old hardware into it, have you visually checked your motherboard to see if it has a PCI-E slot for a separate graphics card? I'm not saying it doesn't but when I tried to look it up, I couldn't find any information on whether it does or not.

If for some reason it doesn't have a PCI-E slot, you will be looking at getting another motherboard. If you have to get another motherboard, as a practical matter you should be looking at building a whole new PC from scratch.

Also, when asking for graphics card buying advice, you never said what you want to use it for. We could assume for gaming but if not, that would make a big difference in recommendations and cost.

Now I change my mind I want to build a gaming PC.
coz this PC I used is not actually mine. it's my brother's pc

Under the circumstances I don't see the point in buying major parts for a PC that belongs to someone else so building your own is a good way to go.

If you have questions regarding building your own PC, you should start a new thread in the "Other Hardware" forum. If you want suggestions about PC components, be sure to include a budget.

Under the circumstances I don't see the point in buying major parts for a PC that belongs to someone else so building your own is a good way to go.

If you have questions regarding building your own PC, you should start a new thread in the "Other Hardware" forum. If you want suggestions about PC components, be sure to include a budget.

ok thank you sir.

Looks like mailpup beat me to it, yea in this case, I would just suggest starting your own computer from scratch and working on a budget.

Back