What happened to demonoid.com

abhinit90

I live in india and since the past 2 months we cannot access demonoid.com it is with all the people atleast in my city.

has demonoid gone to hibernate or gone to eternal sleep ?????

BSNl has blocked Demonoid as a step against piracy. They haven't blocked the tracker URL though, so Demonoid's torrents still do work if you download them from other sites. It's only that the actual site doesn't work.

No way.....so how can i download it's link when i can't register.

is there a way to go past this.

i learned that there is a site that aloows you to surf other sites in it even if it is blocked by your ISP.

what is this site for

i don know bout this site, may b m a lil dumb as a new user?
what is it for ... plz explain.
i opened it up n m lost now
:(
wat r we supposed to do in dis website.

abhinit90 said:
i learned that there is a site that aloows you to surf other sites in it even if it is blocked by your ISP.

I think you may be talking about a site like anonymity.com maybe? It was once free to use but not anymore.

abhinit90 said:
B*ll**** so how can i download it's link when i can't register.

is there a way to go past this.

What do you mean register? You just download a Demonoid-tracked torrent from another site like TorrentSpy. Their torrents still work, it's only the site that's blocked! You're confusing it with their policy of only allowing non-registered users to download older torrents/only download a certain number of torrents before they're blocked. You obviously don't know how torrents work.

demonoid.com

korrupt said:
Go through a proxy server, or perhaps try connecting directly to the ip...
Hi
I live in India and currently I am not able to browse demonoid how can I go thro the ISP to browse Demonoid.com.
jeenisun5

Rage_3K_Moiz said:
What do you mean register? You just download a Demonoid-tracked torrent from another site like TorrentSpy. Their torrents still work, it's only the site that's blocked! You're confusing it with their policy of only allowing non-registered users to download older torrents/only download a certain number of torrents before they're blocked. You obviously don't know how torrents work.
they allow the unregistered users to download only 3 torrents and if you want to download more than that they ask you to sign up.

That's different from downloading Demonoid-uploaded torrents from other sites like TorrentSpy. The torrent is uploaded on/by Demonoid and you can download this from other sites as well, provided it is available on them.

Proxy server: Where a high level of security of required, a proxy Web server may be used to provide a gateway between a local area network and the Internet. The local network is protected by firewall software installed on the proxy server. This software enables the proxy server to keep the two worlds separate. All outward HTTP requests from the local network pass through the proxy server and similarly all information retrieved comes back in via the proxy server and is then passed back to the client.

Try http://www.sneak2.net/ and type in the url.

I am really surprised that this thread has had so many replies, and NOT been deleted by mods yet.

Has Techspot decided to endorse piracy?

8r1n said:
Hmmmmmm?
"piracy" that could really open up a can of worms:hotouch:
peace
8r1n
You've got that right.

I hope everyone understand what they are getting into by using these types of sites.

Whether at work or at home....just understand what exactly you are doing.

Here's the reason why Demonoid got shut down. Sorry for the terrible translation, it's translated from a Dutch site using Bablefish.

demonoidinfoenglishhf6.jpg

UPDATE/EDIT:
Found a link, read it yourself if you're interested: TorrentFreak.com

The trackers are back online but the site's down due to some unspecified problems. It's the same deal as with TorrentSpy though. The CRIA told them to block all Canadian traffic if they wanna stay open. More details here.

Seems to be some debate as to what actually happened. That CRIA stuff was a rumor last week as nobody from Demonoid could or would confirm it. As of now it does seem to be that the rumors were correct, and from what I read they are blocking Canadian traffic now, but there is still no official word from Demonoid. There also are reports of just simple hardware failure.

Demonoid is back up and running.... but as the above people say "BE very careful"
You are basically asking for trouble by visiting these sites. your just openening your computer to a whole lot of malware.

Regards Jase :)

Malware? Demonoid is so popular for the very fact that it is free of any fake or infected torrents. Also, since they track your upload:download ratio, there are a lot of people who seed and so you always get great download speeds. I think careful should be meant as to someone who downloads *cough* Vista Ultimate cracked *cough* or the like. ;)

Back