What is in leman's terms?

By nwilliams
Mar 27, 2006
  1. I have read many documents on all of which are over my head. Can someone tell me in leman's terms what is, what we use it for and why would we use it?
  2. Nodsu

Nodsu TS Rookie Posts: 5,837   +6

First. If you don't understand what's something is for, then you probably shouldn't use it. 90% of people selling things are flogging useless stuff to people who don't need it.

If you are not sure whether something would benefit you or not, then for heaven's sake, don't abandon your existing working practices. If it aint broke, don't fix it.

In very simple terms ADO.NET is something that lets programmers write programs that access some kinds of databases (or just get some data from somewhere). There are plenty of existing alternatives for this and it certainly isn't something revolutionary. As I said: if it aint broke, don't fix it.
  3. nwilliams

nwilliams TS Rookie Topic Starter

Ok, thank you! A collegue of mine brought it up but couldn't explain it very well and I had never heard of it. In doing research, I couldn't figure it out either. Thanks for the jest!
  4. Tedster

Tedster Techspot old timer..... Posts: 6,000   +15

lemans? You mean lay-mans?
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.