What is it with CCPROXY.exe in NAV2005???

Status
Not open for further replies.

torrenter

CCPROXY.exe in NAV2005 seems to go crazy from time to time using 49-51% of mu CPU capacity. I can only stop by turning off my PC and then starting up again. It seems to happen when some web pages take longer to load up or it happens and then a webpage takes ages to load up. I mean it's not doing anything actually useful at all. Any help, maybe Spider knows?

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Yet another Symantec/Norton problem.

The best advice I can give you, is to uninstall that crapware. These boards are fully of problems caused as a result of using it.

Avg free antivirus and Zonealarm free or Sunbelt kerio free are better options. They won`t slow your computer down either.

Just google for the above.

To answer your question.

Process File: ccproxy or ccproxy.exe
Process Name: Symantec CC Proxy Server

Description:
ccproxy.exe is a part of the Symantec Internet Security Suite. This process allows you to setup basic Internet sharing, which allows you to share your Internet connection across your home or office

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Thanks Howard.

Thanks for the help Howard, these forums are great, fast replies... You mentioned something in the CCPROXY.exe process' description about it allowing you to share your computer across home or office. I am on a LAN network, maybe Norton doesn't appreciate this that well. Hmmm, well thanks again Howard, I will probably try an alternative.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back