TechSpot

What is this woven like looking pattern on my screen?

By Rilla927
Jul 9, 2007
  1. Hi gang,

For a while now when I play HitMan Blood Money (right at the begining of the game) all of a sudden this wierd looking colored pattern appears on my screen. The game just quits when it does this but I can hear the sound.

The colors in this woven like pattern showing on the screen are red, green, blue, purple, black, yellow, white. It looks like a piece of fabric.

The other games it does this with is Half- Life2, Far Cry, PainKiller. Now with PainKiller it don't do it until you are into the game a while.

I do shut the internet and all my programs in the tray down when I play any games. Resolution used 1024 x 768.

My video card is a Nvidia 6800 Ultra. I have a AMD Athlon FX-53 with a A8V-Deluxe.

Does anyone know what this is? What can I do to remedy the problem?

Thanks for any help and suggestions.

2. CCT

CCT TS Evangelist Posts: 2,653   +6

Start by dusting out the inside.

3. Rilla927

Rilla927 TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 152

I do keep up on that cuz I have two cats and I live off main road.

In fact, two months ago I pulled all the fans out and completely removed all the dirt and dust, cleaned the one big grill. Then I use my microfiber cloth to wipe down the housing of the PSU and any other spots in the case I can clean. I always have compressed air on hand.

The CPU & Video card are liquid cooled and I have 1gig of ram, don't know if this makes a difference.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.